Okay, the blog title might be an overreaction but to be honest, it's been a ridiculously weird year for all, I think. Here is my summary of 2016.
Bad things that happened in 2016:
* So much death (and not just celebrities: Syria, plane crashes, victims of terrorism, natural disasters...)
* Brexit and Donald Trump which is giving rise to the far right
* Relationship breakdowns
* The continuing deterioration of my beloved auntie
* Losing the wonderfully bonkers Patricia White
Good things that happened in 2016
* Various engagements, marriages, pregnancies and births not to mention trips at home and overseas and folk moving house (in Duncan’s case, a whole continent away).
* Amazing gigs with lovely people (a-ha, ELO, Bruce Springsteen, John Carpenter, Jimbob are a few that come to mind)
* Making new friends
* I've been okayed for bariatric surgery, which means things are forward for me and D becoming parents
* I wore a bikini for the first time since I was about eight and felt fucking fierce (after drinking the best part of a bottle of Prosecco and posting a photo on FB for validity from my chums of course)
* I’ve come to terms with my face. It is actually okay. It can look pretty sometimes. I am okay with that. It has taken 37 and a half years for me to come to that conclusion